Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Sister Is On Steroids

Do I qualify for Jerry Springer now? Well I suppose since it is just prescription shots of cortisone, maybe not. She probably won't bulk up like Barry Bond because I am pretty sure she won't be getting into any weight lifting regime and 'roid rage' is not a likely outcome. She has some sort of back problem or something and it is really very painful. She can not stand for more than 5 minutes at a time or walk for more about 200 feet.

That would be a bummer for anybody, but when one of your major entertainments is flea markets and estate sales and auctions and such, well it is a real bummer. I, for example, might not feel that put out by such a circumstance. A good chair, my wireless keyboard and mouse, a nice big monitor and I could computer geek it all day. Not good for me but reasonably satisfying.

Anyhow, now she has a 'Rascal', a red one, Ferrari racing colors I believe, though she did settle for the 5mph model instead of the 15mph model. Can you imagine that, 15mph on a Rascal. Like I told her thats fast enough to be a 'grab and go' shoplifter. I can see the headlines now; "Red Rascal Terrorizes Tuscon" or "Market Mesmerized by Marauding Madam".

With that kind of speed you could organize actually exciting races in the park. Book the skateboard facilities three afternoons a week or something. With sponsors and all it could develop into big money, ESPN, pay per view, who knows! We baby boomers are a really growing market these days! Any maker out there going for that 20mph baby? In British racing Green?

No comments: